OnePlus 9R users’ wait for OxygenOS 12 is over with the open beta release. Though this will take some more time to get the user a stable update of the OxygenOS 12 for the OnePlus 9R. But those who were eagerly waiting to test out the new features of the Oxygen OS 12 with Android 12 update for the OnePlus 9R can update their device to the Oxygen OS 12 open beta.
Table of Contents
OnePlus 9R Oxygen OS 12 (Android 12) Update
According to the OnePlus Community forum, the first Oxygen OS 12 Open Beta update is now available. The update will not be received by the normal user as it is still in its beta phase, but users can install it on their 9R with the Open Beta update zip. The update includes UI/UX changes and enhancements with the Android 12 update and the latest February 2022 security patch.
Here are some of the key changes in the first open beta update of OxygenOS 12 for the OnePlus 9R:
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
How to Update the OnePlus 9R to OxygenOS 12
The Oxygen OS 12 is available in the open beta phase as of now, the user will not get the update on their system update section or via OTA. The user will need to install the Oxygen OS 12 open beta update manually on their OnePlus 9R. Since this is an open beta update so the user might face several bugs and issues with their device after upgrading.
Also, updating to the OxygenOS 12 open beta will not wipe all of the user data or don’t reset the device. Still, it is recommended for the user to back up their device before proceeding.
Download Oxygen OS Open Beta (OnePlus 9R)
The update size of the Oxygen OS 12 Open Beta for the OnePlus 9R is about 4GB, User should download the update from the provided link below. Also, make sure to download the update zip at once or connect the device to a wifi network before downloading.
Do before upgrading
- The phone should be charged at least 30 % or above.
- 5GB of available space on the device
- Update Your OnePlus 9R to Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11
If the user won’t like the update of the Oxygen OS 12, or if it is facing some extreme issues then the user can roll back to the Oxygen OS 11 on the OnePlus 9R. Rollback The rollback file size if about 3 GB and installing this will wipe all of the user data so make sure to take the backup of the data before proceeding.
Download RollBack Package
Download System Update APK
Read More – How to Install Manual Updates on OnePlus Phone