Google Camera is the best alternative to improve the overall camera performance of a smartphone. You can install the compatible Gcam port on your devices if there are available any. And do some in-app settings in the gcam to get a better result and customize it by yourself. Now once this is done and if you are unable to find the best settings by yourself for the Google camera, you can refer to any config file for the best-prebuilt settings.
Here we will see that how you can load or set up a config file on your Google camera app.
- Google camera which supports config file.
- Compatible config (.XML) file for the Google camera/Gcam port version.
How to download a config file for Google camera/Gcam?
You can refer to any developer forums like XDA, Calsoazevedo, etc. Now there you can find the config files, that are being uploaded by some developer itself or by the people who are using specific settings on their device for the best results.
Related – What is XML Config For GCam
How to load/setup config file on GCam?
Once you have downloaded the config file for your smartphone. Make sure that the config is compatible with the Google camera version that you are using on your device. Now follow the below steps to load the config file.
The methods to load config files may be different based on your gcam version.
1. Download the config file for your device.
2. Now go to setting in Google camera app.
3. Now find the “save config file” option or something with “config” name there, this could be found below.
4. Tap on save the config file and give it any name. This action will create a new folder inside sdcard>Gcam>config.
5. Copy the config file from the file manager and paste it inside sdcard>Gcam>config, in case if there would be no config folder you can create a new one at the same location.
6. Now open the Google camera app on your phone.
7. Double-tap on the black area beside the capture button.
8. Now select the config file.
9. Tap restore settings options.
10. That’s it, you have successfully loaded the config file on your Google camera app.
Conclusion : To load config on gcam, the Google Camera app should have the config compatibility. And also there may be a load config option with a different name, so check that out on your own.