If you own a Xiaomi, Redmi, or Poco Phone and want to unlock its bootloader, then you will need the Mi-Unlock tool. The Mi-Unlock tool is used to unlock the bootloader of an MIUI device which is being made and developed by the Xiaomi manufacturer. The download link of the Mi-Unlock Tool is given below.
Table of Contents
What is Mi Unlock Tool
Mi Unlock tool is used to unlock the bootloader of a Xiaomi, Redmi, or Poco phone. The tool is developed by Xiaomi and its available to download as a zip file, later it can be unzipped and the batch_unlock executable file can be used to run and access the Mi-Unlock tool or Xiaomi Unlock Tool.
The Bootloader is the tool that is used to load the system software and firmware at the start of an android device. Many manufactures support the bootloader unlocking phenomenon which allows the user to install custom firmware on their device. Bootloader unlocking is a simple process that can be done by different tools made by different manufacturers.
Make sure to take the backup of your important data stored on your phone because unlocking the bootloader will wipe the storage completely.
Before unlocking the bootloader user should enable the OEM unlocking option from the developer options. And for MIUI users the user should refer to the developer options and add their Mi account and device in the Mi unlock status option (Settings>Additional Settings>Developer Options).
Download Mi Unlock Tool
How to use Mi unlock tool on windows
- Download the Zip file linked above, and extract it on your storage.
- Now open the extracted folder and run the batch_unlock executable file.
- It will open a new tool window from where you can unlock the bootloader of your phone.
- Login with the same Mi account that you are using on your Xiaomi, Redmi, or Poco phone.
- Now connect your phone to your pc in the fastboot mode with the USB cable. And click refresh on the Mi unlock tools.
- Make sure that the ADB and fastboot drivers are installed on your computer or laptop. You can read here how to install ADB and fastboot drivers.
- As soon as the device is detected by your computer system, you will be able to unlock the bootloader.
- After the device is detected by the system click the unlock button beside the device name to unlock the bootloader. It may take some time and your phone may reboot, so be patience.
In a few seconds the bootloader will get unlocked and your phone will get rebooted.
Leave a Reply