If you are willing to install a custom ROM on your Xiaomi phone, then Pixel Experience ROM will be a great choice. In this post, you will get a complete step-by-step guide to installing the Pixel Experience ROM on any of your Xiaomi phones including Redmi and Poco devices.
Prerequisite Before Installing a Custom ROM (Pixel Ex-ROM)
There are some requirements or things to do before flashing the Pixel Experience ROM, user must have to do all the following things before proceeding further.
1. Unlocked Bootloader
The bootloader of the user’s device must be unlocked. If you haven’t unlocked the bootloader then read this guide here.
2. TWRP Recovery Required
We’ll be using a recovery image of the Pixel Experience ROM to flash on our device, that’s why we will need a custom recovery on our phone. Read step by step guide to installing TWRP recovery here.
After unlocking the bootloader and installing a custom TWRP recovery on your phone, you can proceed further in installing the Pixel Experience ROM. Here’s the guide.
Note – Installing a new custom ROM like Pixel Experience will wipe (reset) phone storage, so make sure to take the backup of important data from your phone.
How to Install Pixel Experience ROM
- Download the Pixel Experience ROM for your phone from the official Pixel Experience project site.
- After downloading, move the downloaded zip file to your phone’s root directory (main storage).
- Now boot into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding the power+volume up key together until you see the recovery mode.
- Now tap on install, and choose the Pixel Experience ROM zip to install.
- Then confirm the flashing by just swiping the ‘swipe to confirm flash’ slider.
- Now the installation of the Pixel Experience will begin and it will get installed the progress can be seen there,
- After installation is completed, tap on reboot and click on do not install.
- Your phone will reboot after that, it may take several minutes to reboot so wait, don’t panic if it takes longer.
- Once the phone is booted, you can now see the Pixel Experience ROM.